Friday, June 11, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things.....(insert great Julie Andrews voice)

I seriously go through a plethera of papertowels.....I may need an intervention. I know it isn't "green" but I can't stop. I think using a towel or wash clothe just seems like wiping dirty stuff back on the counter. This made me think of some of the things I just can't live without.



Viva Paper Towels- They are the best! Just like a wash cloth but you throw it away after each use. This sweet find is something I can't switch on. I told Malick the last time he went to Baker's he better not even think about bringing me home 'Bounty'.



Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix- I am not saying this is the best brownie mix out there but for me it is gold in a box....GOLD! I was recently diagnosed as lactose intolerant and this is the only mix I have found that I can eat. Boy do I eat them!! I am averaging a box a day....I wish I were kidding.

Purses- I don't know what it is I just love purses. I feel like I have been in rehab the past year over this addiction. I have not spent alot of money on purses but I just love them. I have always wanted a Coach or Micheal Kors but just can't justify spending the money when I have a 3 year old and another on the way. I will keep checking out TJ Maxx for the latest deals. Purses always fit no matter what your size and I for one LOVE it!!

Ipod- As I type the word Ipod I laugh. I mean, come on, I just never thought I would have a "fancy" Ipod. I had an Ipod nano for the last few years and it has been great to go on walks with and do what I needed it to. Well, a co worker had the new ipod nano that has the mini video camera in it. I new they were $150 in stores so I went to ebay to find a good deal. I got one with a warranty for $98 with shipping. I got it and the seller accidentally sent me an Ipod Touch!! I called the seller to let him know he had "upgraded" my purchase without knowing. He said it was his mistake and that I could keep it. At first I was a little bummed. I wanted the little one with the video camera. THEN I found out all the things the touch could do and I was in heaven! I have TV shows for Callum on their, all my songs, I can check facebook, a police scanner....I mean it is just endless. This little contraption has been amazing for a road trip or a trip to the mall when I NEEDED to get my eyebrows waxed. I had Callum in his stroller, put on a show and got my eyebrows waxed in peace. I am embarrassed that my son can turn on the ipod by himself and find a sow he likes. I am not winning any mother-of -the-year award anytime soon!!:)


I adore the Clorox anywhere spray. I find myself using it all the time....paired with my Viva paper towels, of course! It smells great and makes me think things are clean....probably cleaner then they really are. The only downside with this product is that my husband wiped our wood table down with it. So, our old table has sections have lighter wood:) Not the products fault....user error!

Truly, I know there are so many things that I just can't live without but they are not coming to me right now. Probably because my son is sitting across the table as I type suppose to be eating but is instead drawing with his new markers AND it could be that I am starting to smell my brownies in the oven.....today's batch is featuring peanut butter ( something I added, we'll see if it is a hit or miss)!!

Seeing things the best I can,
Micaela

1 comment:

  1. How did those peanut butter brownies turn out? I truly adore Viva paper towels as well!! With our new budget crunch, I've paired down on a lot, but I can't / won't buy cheaper paper towels. You should continue this list. Start jotting down things as you think of them. That helps me!

    ReplyDelete